On 20 July 2016, the Chamber of Mines and Energy Malawi will hold its first meeting. Members have been invited to attend by Interim President Dean Lungu. The meeting will be held at Crossroads Hotel, Lilongwe, from 9am.
The Chamber was launched by Hon. Bright Msaka SC, the Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining on 3 February 2016.
The agenda of the upcoming meeting is as follows:
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Progress Report by the Interim President
- Adoption of the Constitution
- Election of office bearers
- Date of Next Meeting
To join the Chamber, see here.
be the voice of the minerals and energy sectors, […] represent its members on negotiations with government on issues related with taxation, mining regulations and policy reversals, and […] defend its members on issues related with unfair representation of facts aimed at tarnishing their image at local and international level.
The key activities or objectives of the Chamber will be as follows:
- to promote, advance and protect the mining industry of Malawi;
- to promote the interests of its members;
- to consider all questions connected with the mining industry and to promote public interest therein;
- to collect and circulate information relating to the mining industry; and
- to promote the interests of apprentices and learners in all branches of the mining industry and to encourage the practical and technical training of such apprentices and learners.