Malawians are invited to apply to attend the ‘Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals Training Workshop’ from 18th to 29th June, 2018 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, organised by the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme.
According to the organisers, the workshop aims to improve skills and reduce data deficiencies on Development Minerals. Specifically, the training will:
- Familiarize trainees with mapping, digitization and reserve estimation software.
- Improve geo-data mapping, digitization, database management and field mapping skills
- Catalyze the collection of geological data and the development or enhancement of geological inventories of Development Minerals.
- Improve the public availability of geological data for potential investors in the Development Minerals sector.
- Encourage south-to-south knowledge exchange and the replication of the training through a training of trainer style approach.
- Support the implementation of the acquired skills through Return-to-Work Plans for each participating country that will aim to develop or enhance a country level geo-data inventory.
For further information, see here. The deadline is 2 February (even though this document indicates an earlier date).
24 Participants could be sponsored by the programme from Angola, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
Participants from the following professions are eligible to apply:
- Geological and cadastral institutes
- Mining regulators
- Geological survey staff involved in digitization and mapping
- Investment promotion agencies
- Regional geological training centers, specialised institutions
- On-site quarry geologists and geological service providers